About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows.
Our Tualatin, OR location is currently looking for Loaders to assist on our loading dock. The loader is responsible for loading the trucks and trailers in the shipping area with 100% accuracy, safety and quality awareness. Selected individuals are responsible for driving the trucks around the lot to load and unload. Daily accuracy of products loaded and unloaded is necessary for inventory control and accountability.
- Perform the required duties with the safety of self, fellow dock workers and the receiving parties in mind and quality as the top priority
- Required to scan all products loaded into truck 100>#/li###
- Report any safety or quality concerns to Supervisor or Plant Manager immediately
- Unload and load trucks and trailers
- Load windows, glass and doors from production floor to designated trailers by hand
- Efficiently notate and record exceptions in count or condition of shipments to reduce delivery delays and customer satisfaction concerns
- Manage paperwork: i.e. reading and checking manifests, notating errors or exclusions, counting freight and following special loading and handling instructions
- Communicate all discrepancies in manifests, trailer load status and situations that may cause delay. Ensure the number of products on the truck/trailer matches the number of products on the load list.
- Work with Loading Dock Leads, Shipping Coordinators, Shipping Supervisor and Plant Manager to ensure accurate and timely trailer completion
- Use tools such as hand trucks, four-wheel dock carts, dock plates, wheel chalks and banding devices in the process of loading trailers
- Clean, sweep and maintain the dock work area and inside of trailers being loaded
High School diploma or GED preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license preferred
- Previous experience in loading, particularly in a window manufacturing environment preferred
- Glass handling and/or glass knowledge preferred
- Forklift experience/certification is preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment
- Daily commitment to safety and quality
- Strong work ethic and dependability
- Reading a tape measure is required
- Demonstrates efficiency in the performance of all job duties including maintaining adequate production levels in order to meet plant and department standards and produce completed trucks within scheduling parameters.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate problems that may lead to delays on the dock
- Ability to understand and implement safe, efficient freight handling and lifting procedures
- Ability to read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job function
- Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment
- Ability to apply concepts to practical situations
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Standard 40-hour workweek applies. Overtime as required.
- Moderate to heavy physical activity such as walking, standing and lifting is required on a daily basis.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Working hours will be spent in warehouse setting.
- Works efficiently and manages time effectively based on the standards set by the company.