Guides, directs and coaches production employees to safely manufacture high quality products at a sufficiently high volume to meet production standards with minimal waste. Oversees most day-to-day operations of production group including making personnel changes and addressing performance, behavior and policy compliance.
- Supervises production to improve efficiencies, meet standards and meet deadlines.
- Works with production leads and is responsible for providing direct leadership lead employees and their subordinates to support plant operations.
- Communicates company information and initiatives to employees and addresses questions and concerns.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities. Ensures employees are properly certified for their position and certification matrix is up to date.
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities and personnel are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with plant production goals and objectives.
- Assists the plant manager in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Assures maintenance is regularly performed on machines and equipment. Partners with the maintenance team to make sure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives. Develops and maintains a succession plan for all positions in assigned areas.
- Assists in assessing employee performance as well as identifying need for and administering corrective action.
- Assists in development, and implements safety awareness programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related problems and assist in investigations into safety related issues. Assures employees are wearing proper PPE and following safety procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the plant manager.
EDUCATION – Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or a combination of education and related experience (2 years of experience per each year of education).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS – Lean certification preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE – Requires a minimum of 4 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities. Experience with lean manufacturing, quality stems and safety necessary. Windows experience preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Manufacturing experience in a MRP environment.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and resolve problems, lead programs/projects.
- Ability to self-manage, organize priorities, train and motivate employees.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, empathize and reason with people in situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization. Ability to engage in crucial conversations when delivery or receipt of the message content is difficult and challenging.
- Possess excellent written communication, data analysis, and project and time management skills. Must possess organization, multi-tasking skills with the flexibility to manage multiple conflicting priorities and frequent change.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate plant needs and make sound recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with little notice.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus