About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows.
We're currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer / Product Engineer to bring new products to the company portfolio, and to maintain and improve current product performance, manufacturability and viability.
- Analyzes current products and systems to ensure specifications are maintained and current.
- Reviews, analyzes, and determines applicability and feasibility of newly proposed products and systems.
- Develops, maintains, and audits new products within the manufacturing software system as they pertain to manufacturing, process flow, and bills of material.
- Monitors products to ensure compliance with industry certification program standards (AAMA, NFRC, and IGMA).
- Creates and reviews detailed drawings, schematics, prototypes and data rich reports for coordination with other business units on product introduction, adjustments and modifications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- At least one year of relevant engineering work experience that demonstrates an ability to problem solve, work with cross-functional teams, and complete projects.
- Experience in fenestration and/or construction preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Must be able to handle multiple competing demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, and ability to retain numerical values.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of building products and construction industry, as well as be able to understand manufacturing and technological concepts.
- Ability to perform complicated mathematical calculations, and understand advanced mathematical concepts.
- Must possess the ability to make sound decisions while taking industry knowledge into account.
- Ability to communicate well with engineers, sales team, factory personnel, suppliers, and customers.
- Must maintain strong communication lines with multiple business units, vendors and partners; including the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in layman's terms.
- Ability to proactively identify changes in building codes, and trends in customer specifications to help us stay on top of industry standards.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to continuously improve company products and systems.
- Must have exceptional overall computer aptitude and typing ability, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software. Manufacturing software knowledge is preferable.
- Experience and skill using hand and machine tools strongly desired.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS-
The work environment is primarily a typical office environment with frequent work in the manufacturing plant for the purpose of running tests, monitoring new and existing products, and working with manufacturing personnel. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time on occasion. May need to visit active construction sites on occasion. May need to lift/carry up to 50 pounds alone.
TRAVEL – May require occasional travel.