Production Quality Control
About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows.
We're currently looking for a Production Quality Control position for our Tualatin, OR location. In partnership with the Production Supervisors and Production Leads, Quality Control ensures that published standards for quality are followed through the production process. A Quality Control (QC) Inspector detects non-conformance, notifies leads of the results, and prevents defects from reaching consumers. The QC Inspector reviews workmanship, appearance and operation of all products as they exit the production line.
- Audit the production lines for standardized work and process.
- Audit final assemblies for engineering specifications, operation of the products and to the Cascade Windows standards.
- Hourly audits of the operation equipment for temperature.
- Identify and segregate nonconforming product and document cause of failure for corrective action.
- Record end of day KPI’s with root cause and corrective action plan; including but not limited to no charge and service rework.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Processes as necessary.
- Verify products conform to engineering specifications (size, labeling, balance, etc.).
- Check operation of products (locks, balances, smooth movement, etc.).
- Inspect product to ensure Cascade Windows standards are met (clean, free from dirt/marks/scratches, proper labeling, etc.).
- Measure and update weekly labor audit time studies.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by management
High School Diploma or equivalent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS – Lean certification preferred
- 2 years’ experience in production quality control required
- 2 years’ experience in mechanical inspection or related field preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- Basic quality terms, definitions and concepts
- Basic statistical terms and techniques, i.e., how to plot data and how to recognize out-of-control conditions
- Definition of plan-do-check-act (PDCA) and understand the team concept
- Types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales
- Ability to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution
- Ability to identify and report nonconforming material is required.
- Strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fraction/decimal conversion, percentage calculation
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with production workers and supervisors
- Ability to read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job function
- Ability to multi-task and possess excellent organization skills
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, grasp, stand, walk and perform fine manipulation with fingers.
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Close vision, color perception, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to excessive noise, dust, fumes or chemicals on the shop floor.
- Intermittently exposed to inclement weather.
- Working hours will be spent in production setting
- Shift times will vary depending upon production needs; may include overtime and weekend hours.
TRAVEL – Not usually required