About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows.
We're currently looking for a Plant Manager for our Tualatin, OR plant. The Plant Manager directs subordinate managers who supervise employees in production, and Maintenance. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units and will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
The Plant Manager directs and coordinates manufacturing activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and redirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data, including providing weekly reports to Senior Management.
- Drives step function improvements in productivity, cost reduction, plant output, capacity and waste while continuing to deliver quality products complete and on-time to the customer.
- Trains, coaches and mentors plant supervisors and other direct reports in an effort to develop their skills and create empowerment within the team. The Plant Manager is expected to provide a strong talent bench for succession planning purposes and plant advancement.
- Evaluates talent of associates and drives actions to address performance issues and/or behavioral concerns.
- Enhances employee morale by driving engagement and establishing an environment of trust and respect.
- Works to enhance customer satisfaction and trust by responding to concerns with a sense of urgency and creating plans to proactively address future issues.
- Drives plant communications by utilizing the chain of command to relay information, town hall meetings, and other forums for developing open communication.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS – Lean certification preferred.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
Must have 3 years in plant or operations management. Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field, or 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience required. Experience with lean manufacturing, Kaizen, quality systems and safety systems also preferred. Experience in vinyl or aluminum manufacturing highly preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Proven leadership capability in developing managers and leaders within the plant.
- Results driven individual who can maintain and enhance the timely output of customer orders.
- Proficient in computer use and common software programs including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to think strategically for continued process improvement and takes initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs; making sound decisions regarding appropriate action.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, empathize and reason with people in situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization. Ability to engage in crucial conversations when delivery or receipt of the message content is difficult and challenging.
- Possess excellent written communication, data analysis, and project and time management skills. Must possess organization, multi-tasking skills with the flexibility to manage multiple conflicting priorities and frequent change.
- Understands principles of Lean Manufacturing and is able to apply them to processes within the plant to improve quality and efficiency.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on rare occasion.
- Ability to walk/stand on concrete floors for throughout shift as needed.
- Limited exposure to whether and climate changes.
- Frequent exposure to dust and debris from the production process.
- Frequent expose to loud noises.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include working days in excess of twelve hours and more than five days per week.
TRAVEL – May require occasional travel